- Bachelor’s in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electric Engineering
- 7+ years of experience on real-time and optimized C++ application
- 5 years of experience working on embedded systems
- Experience with leading a small team of engineers
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience with embedded OSes and associated build tools such as AOSP, QNX, GHS, Yocto or buildroot
- Demonstrated experience with embedded system design and interfaces such as boot loaders and BSPs, hardware interfaces and interactions between low-level software and hardware blocks.
- Git version control
- Proficiency in a Linux environment
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Able to handle concurrent projects and customers on deadlines
- Willing to support and train customers remotely and onsite
- Experienced with at least one Automotive HMI toolkit such as Qt, Kanzi, Altia, GL Studio, CGI studio
- Experience debugging hardware and software issues using a combination of software tools and lab equipment (logic analyzer, oscilloscope, etc…)
- Knowledge in Automotive Safety Standards: ASIL, ISO-26262
- Embedded Automotive systems technologies such as CAN, LIN
- JIRA, Confluence and any of our CI tools: Docker, Gitlab, Conan, Artifactory
The Faurecia IRYStec team is composed of software & hardware engineers as well as image processing and AI researchers who work collaboratively with our Technical Advisory Board members. Faurecia IRYStec builds a software only product that is in production in a high-end German car maker since August 2020. Recently we started building FPGA/ASIC solution of our product with Faurecia’s support. Our team aims at providing one new innovative proof of concept per year to be demonstrated in well-known tradeshows such as CES (Consumer Electronics Show) and SID (Society for Information Display) Display Week.
In this position, the Software Team Lead shall take the lead and manage the new Integration and Services team, reporting directly to the Director of Product while working closely with Engineering and Product teams. Her/His goal is to seamlessly integrate our software and hardware solutions to various combinations of target hardware and software, be it from existing customer targets, development projects or proof of concepts.
Faurecia IRYStec is a highly innovative technology company, maintaining a startup feel within a big company. Our goal and focus are to revolutionize the viewing experience in automotive displays, addressing the need for enhanced visibility, improved safety, reduced cost, power saving and reduced heat.
We have a multi-disciplinary team of experts working closely with Academia and Industry. We cooperate with a global team of 9 Technical Advisory Board members who are professors in well-known universities such as Cambridge, Oxford, McGill, Warwick and Rochester Institute of Technology.
Our parent company, Faurecia, is a French global automotive supplier headquartered in Nanterre, in the western suburbs of Paris. In 2018, it was the 9th largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world and #1 for vehicle interiors and emission control technology. One in three automobiles is equipped by Faurecia. Faurecia’s sales were north of 16 billion EUR in 2020.
What you will do:
- Manage, support and grow a team of local and remote integration engineers
- Mentor, coach and provide technical guidance to the team
- Provide support to customers during joint development
- Train customers to optimize the use of our products
- Integrate our off-the-shelf products into variety of embedded systems
- When it is safe, travel to the customer sites and represent our company expertise in front of their developers
- Define, use, and maintain our global developer network documentation
- Verify our quality by trying the product yourself on new platforms and customers’ platforms
- Join the daily scrum to provide feedback and help coordinate tasks
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on how we can extend or improve our technology and keep an eye on the latest technological trends
- Flex Vacation
- We implemented a flexible vacation policy a few years ago which means we do not have a fixed number of weeks you can take for vacation. You take as much as you need making sure it does not affect deadlines with your managers approval.
- Generous Health Benefits
- Learning environment
- In-house specialists in different fields that are ready to share their knowledge
- A Technical Advisory Board of world-renowned experts Professors from top universities like Cambridge and Oxford working with us on a regular basis.
- Trainings, conferences, books. We want you to grow with us.
- Diverse environment
- We put a lot of effort in having a diverse workplace: Gender, race, ethnicity.
- You can hear our Founder talk about the technology and diversity here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goIs57t9dv4&t=88s)
- Fun environment. Basically: We just enjoy working together!